This position is full time (40 hours per week, but likely more if you desire to be wildly successful), and is available in the following Ohio offices: Bellefontaine, West Jefferson, Urbana and Eaton.
The Account Executive is responsible for developing new client relationships through frequent contact, providing valuable information to prospective clients, and working to educate on potential risks of loss.
- Call on clients to deliver and explain policy terms and conditions, analyze insurance programs, and recommend additions/deletions as necessary.
- Calculate premiums and establish payment methods.
- Customize insurance programs to suit individual clients, often covering a variety of risks.
- Sell various types of business and personal insurance on behalf of insurance companies.
- Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, and discuss current coverage.
- Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
- Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote the sale of insurance products.
- Contact underwriters and submit appropriate forms for coverage binders and policy issuance.
- Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims occur.
- Develop marketing strategies to increase the sale of profitable insurance products.
- Attend meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
- Inspect property, examining its physical condition, type of construction, age and other characteristics, to decide if it’s a good insurance risk.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree – Insurance or Business Management preferred.
- Customer Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment and meeting quality standards for services.
- Sales & Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products and services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques and sales control systems.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Technical – Knowledge of computer software programs including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Property & Casualty – Licensed to transact insurance in the state of Ohio, or willing to obtain a license within 3 to 6 months.
- Multi-Tasking – Ability to work in a fast paced environment with speed and accuracy.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the needs and desires of customers, and asking questions as appropriate.
- Reading and Comprehension – Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Time Management – Managing one’s time effectively to produce optimal results.
- Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Oral Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension – The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Deductive Reasoning – The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Written Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity – The ability to speak clearly so others will understand you.
- Getting Information – Observing, receiving and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships – Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems – Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Working with Computers – Using computers and computer systems to enter data, process information and obtain coverage proposals.
- Selling – Demonstrating to others what products and services best suit their needs and then assisting throughout the buying process.
- Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others – Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
If interested, complete the form on this page to submit your name and contact information. We will follow-up with you within 24 hours of receipt with additional questions.
For more information on our culture and work environment, visit our Careers page.