This position is full time (40 hours per week) and is located in the Bellefontaine, Ohio office.
The Account Manager assists in the production of new accounts and the retention of existing accounts. Provides prompt, efficient, high-quality service to designated accounts in support of Account Executive activities.
- Responsible for gathering the information and risk management recommendations for the renewal of designated accounts sixty days prior to renewal and for delivering renewals and/or binders for designated accounts, as needed, within five days of receipt.
- Conducts periodic service calls for designated accounts.
- Performs special projects at the request of designated clients after being approved by management. Binders and/or policy or endorsement requests are to be completed within three days.
- Maintains a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with customers, agency and company personnel to minimize potential for errors & omissions claims.
- After reviewing updated client exposure survey information, obtains other renewal information from insured, and completes applications for designated renewal business sixty days before renewal date. Assists Account Executive as needed.
- Reviews renewals to determine if non-standard policies can be rewritten in a standard program. Prepares rewrite applications for business through companies no longer represented at least thirty days prior to renewal. Secures and submits required renewal underwriting information.
- Receives phone calls, emails and office visitors requesting proposals, changes to existing coverage and/or new policies. Completes changes/requests within 24 hours of receipt. Determines acceptability and placement, completes applications or endorsements, and collects premium when applicable.
- Reviews existing accounts to determine if additional lines of insurance should be solicited and does so by email, mail and/or phone prior to renewal.
- Receives and reviews all terminations and cancellations to determine action to be taken, and takes needed action within 72 hours of receipt.
- Handles premium collection through form letters and requests cancellation of policies when necessary.
- Follows up on outstanding claims and provides assistance in their resolution, as necessary.
- Solicits expiration dates for policies not written by agency. Expectations are an average of one expiration date per client served.
- Actively solicits increased limits and/or coverages or rounding out accounts through sales to clients at every service contact.
- Actively seeks referrals from current client base to solicit for new business prospects; follows up to generate new business using prospect database and automation system. Expectation is one referral per week.
- Documents all material conversations with insureds and/or carriers regarding exposures and coverages.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Must be an assertive self-starter with the ability to communicate effectively with others. Should have demonstrated effective presentation skills through both verbal and written communications. Must be willing to travel as required.
Must have all licenses as required by the State Department of Insurance to discuss and/or sell insurance in states where the agency functions. Ability to use personal computer, calculator, agency automation system, and proficiency in various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel.
Fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing the job.
- Essential functions are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the agency’s essential functions
If interested, complete the form on this page to submit your name and contact information. We will follow-up with you within 24 hours of receipt with additional questions.