Have you heard of the changes to contractors' landscape insurance in Ohio? Perhaps you've thought about the need to ensure you're in compliance but are a bit unsure of where to start. Whether or not you already have some kind of business liability insurance, with the new regulations, you're probably asking some of the following questions:
- What kind of coverage do I really need now?
- How much will this kind of policy cost me?
This all depends on your situation, and business size and type. All business owners must take the time to determine exactly what landscape insurance coverage they need.
To begin the process of determining the answers to the questions above, consider some of these questions. By looking at your business closely and what kind of risks and needs you have will get you off to a great start.
- How big is your business and what's your revenue? The greater your revenue and the larger your operation is, then it stands to reason that your cost for insurance will be higher than that for small businesses.
- Is your landscaping business specialized? If you are specialized in pesticides or use heavy equipment you may end up paying more for your liability insurance since the risk is higher.
- How long have you been in business and how much experience do you have? If you have been working as a landscaper in Ohio for a long time, and your record with insurance claims in the past has been good, then your rates for landscaping insurance will probably be lower.
What Types of Insurance Policies are there?
Once you have a general idea of how your particular company fits into the landscape insurance field, it's important to look into the specific types of policies available. For a small landscaping company, the following are the types of insurance you want to consider:
- General liability insurance
- Business auto insurance
- Equipment insurance
- Life insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Umbrella insurance
It may be incredibly beneficial for you to speak with an independent insurance agent to help sort out which of these policies you need, and how you can package them into one. The cost of your overall insurance depends a lot on which of these you emphasize, and an agent can walk you through this process to ensure you get all your questions answered.
An insurance agent who is not married to a particular insurer, but instead works on your behalf, can give you comparison options for different insurance providers, and help you make the best decision. An independent insurance agent will help you find the most cost effective way to get the insurance you need.
To set up an appointment with one of our agents for a free landscaping consultation, click on the button below. We look forward to hearing from you!